9,062.36 TL BIST 100 BIST 100
31.18 $ USD USD
€33.71 EUR EUR
4.36 CNY CNY CNY
0.13 CNY CNY/EUR CNY/EUR
44.64 TL Interest Interest
83.62 $ Fossil Oil Fossil Oil
22.49 $ Silver Silver
3.85 $ Copper Copper
113.88 $ Iron Ore Iron Ore
394.00 $ Ship Dismantling Ship Dismantling
2,041.68 TL Gold (gr) Gold (gr)

Fed interest rate decision will be announced today!

It is predicted that the US Federal Reserve (Fed) will not increase interest rates with a 40% probability, and a 25 basis point rate increase with a 60% probability.

Fed interest rate decision will be announced today!

The Fed meeting under the chairmanship of Powell started yesterday evening in the shadow of uncertainties. While many economists expect an increase of 25 basis points, some are of the opinion that the increases should be suspended to support financial stability.

One of the most important aspects of the meeting will be the policy makers' update of their interest rate projections for the first time since December. These forecasts will be an important roadmap as to whether further increases are expected this year. Due to the banking crisis, the median forecast of 5.1 percent for the peak interest rate in 2023 is not expected to rise in the Fed's dot chart projections.

As of Tuesday, the Fed's 25 basis point rate hike was priced at 80 percent in the markets. Thus, the bank is expected to raise the policy rate to the range of 4.75 -5 percent. This is the highest level since 2007.

Still, uncertainties regarding the decision remain high. Investors' and economists' expectations for interest rate hikes declined due to the bankruptcy of 3 US banks in the last 2 weeks and UBS's acquisition of troubled Credit Suisse.

Comments

No comment yet.

Only +plus subscribers can access this content.

SUBSCRIBE now to share your thoughts on the markets and get more comments.
SUBSCRIBE If you already have an account Sign In

Most read news

Economic confidence decreased by 0.4% in February

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Latest situation on VAT withholding: Concerns persist

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Minister Hisarcıklıoğlu" We are the country which exports to the most countries in the world"

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

TÜİK announced the employment index for 2023

Thursday, February 22, 2024

The active sector is waiting for a solution to the deferred VAT problem

Thursday, February 22, 2024
Follow List
Expand
Your watch list is empty

Add your favorite commodities for quick access and don't miss the latest price change news.


There are no news categories you follow
Edit Notification Preferences
E-bulletin subscription
Sign up to receive the latest news and daily iron prices by e-mail and sms
Become a Plus Subscriber Now!
Try it free for 3 days!
Subscribe Now
Neutral Prices
Be informed
Provincial Iron Prices
Comments and Analysis
Subscribe Now