9,097.15 TL BIST 100 BIST 100
31.35 $ USD USD
€34.05 EUR EUR
4.37 CNY CNY CNY
0.13 CNY CNY/EUR CNY/EUR
45.26 TL Interest Interest
83.55 $ Fossil Oil Fossil Oil
23.12 $ Silver Silver
3.85 $ Copper Copper
113.89 $ Iron Ore Iron Ore
392.00 $ Ship Dismantling Ship Dismantling
2,100.60 TL Gold (gr) Gold (gr)

ArcelorMittal suspends production in Bosnia due to decrease in steel demand

ArcelorMittal Zenica has temporarily halted production due to unfavorable conditions prevailing on the steel market.

ArcelorMittal suspends production in Bosnia due to decrease in steel demand

Bosnian long steel products producer ArcelorMittal Zenica, a subsidiary of Luxembourg-based steelmaker ArcelorMittal, has temporarily halted production due to unfavorable conditions prevailing in the steel market, local media reported.

The company plans to resume operations once demand is at a level to support sustainable operations.

The European steel market is experiencing a downturn due to lower steel consumption in the EU and the company expects this negative trend to continue due to economic uncertainty fueled by high inflation.

ArcelorMittal has another unit, ArcelorMittal Prijedor, which operates an iron mine in Bosnia. ArcelorMittal holds a 51% stake in the mining company, while Bosnian miner RZR Ljubija holds the remaining 49%.

Comments

No comment yet.

Only +plus subscribers can access this content.

SUBSCRIBE now to share your thoughts on the markets and get more comments.
SUBSCRIBE If you already have an account Sign In

Most read news

Suez Steel company cuts rebar prices, boosting construction sector prospects

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Global steel sheet markets remain flat; Türkiye's spot market recorded a decrease

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

US steel imports up by 21.7% m-o-m in January 2024

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Vietnam's steel exports and imports increased

Friday, March 1, 2024

Hot rolled coil prices drop in Vietnam

Friday, March 1, 2024
Follow List
Expand
Your watch list is empty

Add your favorite commodities for quick access and don't miss the latest price change news.


There are no news categories you follow
Edit Notification Preferences
E-bulletin subscription
Sign up to receive the latest news and daily iron prices by e-mail and sms
Become a Plus Subscriber Now!
Try it free for 3 days!
Subscribe Now
Neutral Prices
Be informed
Provincial Iron Prices
Comments and Analysis
Subscribe Now